HSC Women’s Hospital
Through the donations from Polo Park Shopping Centre, HSC Foundation purchased some significant new equipment to enhance services for patients, including:
A new power exam table in the Gynaecology Inpatient unit. The previous table was very difficult to adjust, while the new exam table converts to a chair, if needed. Powered multipositioning provides increased comfort and safety for patients and staff.
- A second power exam table to replace the table in the Ambulatory Care Clinic. The older exam table was not bariatric and was not height adjustable which made it very difficult and uncomfortable for patients to get on and for physicians to perform examinations.
- A new stretcher bed in the Prenatal Assessment. This new bed provides a more comfortable surface for patients to lay on when being assessed and makes it easier for staff to move the bed in case of an emergency thereby increasing patient safety and reducing the potential for staff injury.
An additional biliblanket for the Combined Care Unit. The biliblanket is a portable phototherapy device for the treatment of neonatal jaundice.It allows the newborn to receive treatment in the room with Mom, it supports bonding andbreastfeeding. The number of premature infants (35-37 weeks), the population at most risk of jaundice, admitted to this unit is increasing. Polo Park’s donation also enabled the HSC Foundation to purchase:
- two newborn bassinets;
- 6 breast pumps and breast pump stands for Postpartum Unit;
- 40 breast pump systems for Postpartum Unit;
- 8 bariatric side chairs for Labour & Delivery;
- 3 sleeper chairs;
- 3 sleeper benches for Postpartum Unit;
- a carriage for infant transport from Postpartum Unit to tests;
- Artwork for public spaces in Outpatient Department; and
- Parent room paint and furnishings in Intermediate Care Nursery.